CRC Rust Converter is a unique fast drying coating formulated for treatment of lightly rusted surfaces. It stops rust instantly and prevents future rusting.
CRC Rust Converter neutralizes rust and transforms it to a tough black primer that binds to the surface and provides a waterproof barrier for effective long-lasting rust protection. No more sandblasting, heavy scraping, or grinding.
To promote a high quality topcoat finish, apply CRC Prep It
as an intermediate primer over CRC Rust Converter
prior to top-coating.
Features & Benefits
- Ready to Use – No additional mixing or chemical additives required
- Instantly stops rust
- One easy step – Neutralises rust and converts it to an excellent tough black primer
- Long-lasting – Protects surfaces for years
- Seals out moisture – Prevents future rusting. Note: Rust Converter may not prevent further rusting when applied to heavy rust scale.
- No more sandblasting, heavy scraping, or grinding
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- No residue to wash off – No clean up
- Fast Drying – Second coat can be applied within 20 to 30 minutes
- Compatible with most standard decorative paint systems for metal
- DO NOT overcoat with a Zinc Rich primer.
- Rust Converter 1 litre - NZFSA Approved C23
- Ideal for use on rusted iron or steel
- Vehicles and trailers – Shackles, winches, draw bars, subframes, wheel and guards, skips
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates, wrought iron, air conditioning and refrigeration units
- Farm equipment – Tank stands, fences, gates, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction, terminal boxes
- Roading and Construction – Bridges, guard rails, lamp stands