ADOS MS Sealant is a high performance, one-component neutral curing adhesive sealant based on MS Polymers. It has excellent primerless adhesion to all materials commonly used in the demanding building, construction and engineering industries. It is ideal where silicone sealants are not suitable. BRANZ Appraised for White, Black & Grey.
ADOS MS Sealant is formulated for durable bonding, sealing and waterproofing gaps in dilation joints. This innovative product cures quickly in ambient temperatures and retains excellent bond strength, elasticity and tear resistance over the years. It skins over in a short time resisting dust and dirt pickup and can be applied in thick layers without shrinking or bubbling.
ADOS MS Sealant will not stain and is compatible with commonly used paint systems. It will not crack or show signs of aging when exposed to adverse weather conditions and harsh UV radiation. It does not contain solvents, isocyanates and silicones.
BRANZ Appraised - ADOS MS Sealants, White (8361), Black (8363) & Grey (8364). Click BRANZ Logo below for appraisal information.
Note: Clear (8362) Is not included in the BRANZ Appraisal.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent adhesion strength – To a wide range of substrates commonly used in the building, construction and engineering industries
- Waterproofs, bonds and seals – Wide variety of application, one product does it all.
- Paintable – Cured product can be painted with most solvent and water based paints and varnishes
- Neutral cure – Contains no acids
- Extreme flexibility – Excellent mechanical properties over a wide temperature range for use in dilation joints
- Will not crack – No cracks and no signs of aging
- Interior and exterior use
- Low VOC, low odour – Contains no solvents or isocyanates
- UV resistant – Resistant to adverse weather conditions and UV exposure
- Durability – Excellent bond strength, tear resistance and elasticity is maintained over time, even years after application
- Non-slump – Suitable for vertical joints
- Extreme low shrinkage – Less than 1%, allows application in thick layers
- Non-bubbling – The surface stays smooth and intact
- Primerless one-component product – Convenient and time saving on construction sites
- Cures fast – For increased productivity
- Skins over in a short time – To resist dirt and dust pickup
- Easy handling – Can be extruded from cartridges with a low force even in low temperatures
- Totally chemically neutral
- Good chemical resistance – To water, mild solvents, mineral oils, fat, low concentration anorganic acids and bases
- Easy clean up – Just wipe up any excess uncured product with a wet cloth
- Use on most substrates – PVC, concrete, brick, timber, glass, aluminium, iron, stainless, mild or galvanised steel, copper, brass, zinc, ceramic, plywood, masonry, cement plaster systems, many of the newly developed materials for construction, fiberglass, various plastics
- Adheres to PVC, concrete, brick, timber, glass, aluminium, iron, stainless, mild or galvanised steel, copper, brass, ceramic, plywood, masonry, cement plaster systems, many of the newly developed materials for construction, fiberglass, various plastics.
- Suitable for sealing gaps in expansion joints in concrete, brick, mortar, plumbing and roofing.
- For joints in construction, on outer walls, in green houses. Especially suitable where dilation/expansion and stress occurs.
- For sealing window frames, doors, fibre-cement siding, vinyl siding, roofing and gutters.
- For joints that have to be painted.
- Where silicone sealants are not suitable.
- Suitable for adhering ceramic tiles and sanitary sealing in wet areas and timber.
- For fabrication and repair of truck trailers and containers, buses, recreational vehicles, train cars, light-rail vehicles, mobile homes, refrigerated trucks, metal construction, yacht and boat building.
- Ideal for exterior joint, gap and seam sealing on vehicle bodies, ventilation duct work and air conditioning.
- Capable of withstanding moderate expansion-contraction cycles.
- Interior and exterior use.
Product Selection Guide